Terms and conditions
- The promoter is:
Two Wheels for Life, UK Eagle House, 28 Billing Road, Northampton, Northamptonshire, England, NN1 5AJ. Registered Charity No. 1169942, here below referred to as “Promoter”
Two Wheels for Life is a charity which organises and promotes fundraising activities to support Riders for Health, an NGO that supplies, manages and maintains vehicles for health care in African countries.
The prize draw (hereafter referred to as “the Prize Draw”) starts on Friday, 24 June 2022, and ends on Sunday, 27 November 2022 18:00 GMT and is subject to these Terms and Conditions.
- The prizes, as follows (hereafter also referred to as “Prizes”) have been donated by Yamaha Motor Europe:
- One (1) Rally specification Yamaha Ténéré World Raid motorcycle plus a Yamaha Adventure Riding Experience with Yamaha Ténéré World Raid Rally Team rider Pol Tarrés or Alessandro Botturi. See full details of the rally spec, non road legal motorcycle and Yamaha Adventure Riding Experience package details below. Transport of the motorcycle to the location of the Yamaha Adventure Riding Experience event is not included.
- Four (4) one-day Yamaha Adventure Riding Experience sessions for 1 person with Yamaha Ténéré World Raid Rally Team rider Alessandro Botturi or Pol Tarrés. See full details of the Yamaha Adventure Riding Experience package details below.
- Ten (10) unique Yamaha Ténéré World Raid hoodies with the Yamaha Ténéré World Raid Rally team logo incorporated. Available in sizes (XS-XXXL) as provided.
All Prizes include delivery. Prizes – including the motorcycle - can only be delivered to an accessible address in Europe excluding Belarus and Russia. If the delivery address is for whatever reason not accessible for the courier company the prize will be forfeited.
- This rally-specification Yamaha Ténéré 700 World Raid motorcycle, has been built from a standard Yamaha Ténére 700 World Raid and fitted with a wide range of special rally-racing engine, body, suspension, brakes and electrical parts. These racing parts include: an Akrapovič racing exhaust system, racing radiator kit, racing clutch kit, air filter box kit, race suspension, racing steering damper, brake kit, racing wheels, triple clamp and handle bar kit, rear fuel tank, racing seat, high fender kit, special skit plate, rally mouse and tyres and more! The value of this rally-specification Yamaha Ténéré 700 World Raid is around €40,000.00. A certificate with more detailed description of these racing parts will be provided with the motorcycle upon delivery.
- The motorcycle will be delivered race-worn yet serviced, i.e. engine and essential parts will be checked and where necessary replaced and fitted with new rally-racing tyres. However, due to transportation regulations the bike will not be filled with petrol.
- This rally-specification Yamaha Ténéré World Raid motorcycle is not-road legal and can only be ridden off-road where permitted.
- No warranty will be provided with/on this motorcycle by Yamaha Motor and the Promoter.
- The future owner of this motorcycle must have a full (unrestricted) motorcycle licence with sufficient riding experience to be able to ride it, should he/she wish to do so.
- The motorcycle will be delivered to its future owner within 2-3 months after the Prize Draw’s Winner announcement.
- Always wear a helmet, eye protection and protective clothing. Yamaha Motor encourages you to ride safely and respect fellow riders and the environment.
Yamaha Adventure Riding Experience Package details
The package for 1 person includes: use of a Ténéré 700*, full day of riding, lunch and dinner, flight ticket, on-site travel and 2 nights of accommodation (single room) in Europe. The event will take place in 2023. Exact dates and location will be informed by email at a later stage.
* If the Winner of the motorcycle Prize wishes to use the rally specification Yamaha Ténéré World Raid motorcycle during the Adventure Riding Experience they will be responsible for all costs and effort involved in transporting this motorcycle to the Riding Experience themselves. If they do not, for whatever reason, bring the bike to the Riding Experience, the winner will also be provided with a standard Ténéré 700 to use on the day.
- To take part in the one-day Yamaha Adventure Riding Experience event prize as described above the Winner must have a full (unrestricted) motorcycle licence. If he/she does not have a full motorcycle licence, the prize will forfeit to a new Winner chosen at random.
- The one-day Yamaha Adventure Riding Experience event will be organised by Yamaha Motor Europe N.V. To participate in their event the Winner will be asked to sign a participation waiver at the event.
- Prizes are personal and cannot be transferred to another person.
- Prizes cannot be exchanged for cash.
WHO CAN ENTER
- ALL entrants are deemed as accepting these terms and conditions.
- Entrants must be citizens of the European territory as per the most recent list of the United Nations, however, excluding Russia and Belarus and must be aged 18 years or over at the time of entry. Also, in relation to the Prize Draw’s motorcycle and event prizes as described in The Prizes section, the entrant must possess a valid full motorcycle driver's licence.
- It is the entrant’s responsibility to ensure that their country of residence legally allows entry into prize draws of this type.
- Employees of Two Wheels for Life, close relatives (a spouse; a parent; a child or sibling, or the spouse of any such person) and anyone otherwise closely connected with the organisation or selection of winners of the Prize Draw cannot enter.
HOW TO ENTER
- The prize draw can be entered via the YamahaMotorforRiders.com website, filling in the information request form enabling the participant to be identified without dispute (surname, first name, email address, date of birth, telephone number) and purchasing a Prize Draw ticket for minimum €10.00 per ticket.
- It is the responsibility of the entrant to ensure that these details are filled in correctly. Any incomplete registration will not be taken into consideration and no claim or liability of the Promoter/Organiser will be accepted if the entrant has given a wrong name, surname, email address or telephone number, or if the entrant cannot be informed of the result of his/her participation in the Prize Draw due to an error in the information given at the time of registration
- There is no limit to the number of tickets purchased per person or household. The more tickets participants buy for the prizes available in the Prize Draw, the greater their chances of being drawn.
- It is possible to enter this prize draw for free.On a blank sheet of paper, or postcard, write your full name, postal address, email address, contact mobile number, country of residence and date of birth. Please post your entry to the charity Head Office and reference the name of the event - ‘Riders for Health Yamaha Prize Draw’ This needs to be written down in very clear writing, otherwise the entry may be deemed invalid. Please send the sheet of paper or postcard in an envelope to the charity Head Office via either first or second class post to: Riders for Health Yamaha Prize Draw, Two Wheels for Life, UK Eagle House, 28 Billing Road, Northampton, Northamptonshire, England, NN1 5AJ. A maximum of one entry can be made per postcard or envelope received. There is no limit to the number of entries that may be made this way. Postal entries have an equal chance of winning as any one paid entry. If a postal entry wins a prize there will be no further purchase or payment necessary to be notified of the win or to receive the prize. If the above steps are not followed as described then a postal entry will be invalid. You will not be notified if your entry is invalid. Postal entries are treated in exactly the same way as paid entries for the purposes of determining a winner.
OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION
- Entries will close on 27 November 2022 at 18.00 GMT. Entries received after this date and time will not be valid.
- The draw will be made on 30 November 2022. Winners will be notified on 1st December 2022. All entrants will receive a notification email from the Promoter, to inform if they have a winning ticket or not by December 20th 2022.
- The Winner of respectively the motorcycle prize and one of the four Yamaha Adventure Riding Experience prizes, will have to show proof that he/she holds a valid full (unrestricted) motorcycle licence before he/she can be confirmed as the Winner. If he/she does not hold this the Winner will be drawn again.
- For each individual prize mentioned above a draw will be conducted. All draws are conducted at the premises of the Promoter and witnessed by individuals who ensure the draws meet the legal obligations. Winners (before- and hereafter referred to as “Winner” or “Winners”) will be chosen at random using a system generated random generator. Draw results and Winners will be published on the website. The Winners will have 7 days to accept the prize after being contacted by the Promoter, or risk forfeiting to a new Winner chosen at random.
- There is no cash alternative available for this Prize Draw.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries where contact details were entered incorrectly.
- The Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the Prize Draw and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the Promoter’s control. Any changes to the Prize Draw will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the Promoter.
- The Promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this Prize Draw.
- The Promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the Prize Draw will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- By participating in this Prize Draw, a participant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- Upon registering to this Prize Draw, the Winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material/channels, as well as his/her entry. Any personal data relating to the Winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current United Kingdom data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
- The Winner’s name will be available 28 days after closing date by emailing the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Acceptance of the prize will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Twitter or any other Social Network.
- The Promoter shall have the right, at its sole discretion and at any time, to change or modify these terms and conditions, such change shall be effective immediately upon posting to this webpage.
- The Promoter also reserves the right to cancel the prize draw if circumstances arise outside of its control.
- The Prize Draw and these terms and conditions will be governed by the United Kingdom’s law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the United Kingdom. The use of the Prizes by the Winner is at the sole risk and responsibility of the Winner and the Winner agrees to release, indemnify and hold harmless Promotor, Organiser and Yamaha Motor Europe N.V. and Promoter, Organiser and Yamaha Motor Europe N.V. are not liable for any damage, loss, cost and expense, causes of action or liabilities including, without limitation, deaths or personal injuries that may arise directly or indirectly out of or in relation to Prizes.